By now, everyone knows the goals that were set for the week. Revisit the core principles of F3, reinforce the important components of Qing a workout, and ignite the leader that each of us has inside. I will use bullet points to entice Mouth to read to the end.
- PAX (15) – Bo Schembechler (DR Columbus OH), Flamingo (DR Cleveland OH), Amelia, DiGiorno, Glen Ross, Country Boy, Mama’s Boy, Maize, Blue Print, Sump Pump, Daddy’s Girl, Back Draft, Zoolander, Zima, Old Bay (QIC)
- Conditions – 41* and dry. Beautiful.
- Gear – Costco baselayer upper, orange cotton Tshirt, Patagonia zip jacket, Target shorts, Asics Cumulus kicks. I was wearing 2 different shades of gray…that probably breaks a rule or something.
As Zoolander pulled in at 05:30:30, I gave a disclaimer that you do not have to do what I suggest you do. With that out of the way…15 Burpees. Zima called this a slaughter start last week at his Q and I loved it, so I stole it. Mosey around the school for COP.
- Discussed the importance of a pre-blast. PAX have every right to choose where they post, and clarity of information may help inform that decision. Run-heavy, coupon-heavy, headlamp required, pavement only, etc. I like to hit my WO hard, but as a grown man, I don’t like getting wet and muddy. Things like that.
- Discussed proper counting, and how the PAX and the Q can benefit from each of the 4 parts. *The next exercise is ____ *Ready position, MOVE *In cadence *Exercise
- It’s important for the Q to breathe. Let the PAX call out the “4” count so you can take a breath.
- SSH, Grass Grabbers, T Merkins
- Then I asked who had not yet Q’d, and because I’m a dick I mean because I believe everyone of us is a leader, I asked them to get in the circle and count out an exercise.
- BluePrint led us in 20 SSHs. AYE!
- Daddy’s Girl led us in 20 Grass Grabbers. AYE!
- Flamingo (DR) led us in T Merkins. AYE! Welcome to Louisville!
- Instructions for Thang 1 sounded something like this: “OK. Pair up. Quickly. Get on the curb. P1 does a Mary exercise of his choice. P2 runs or Bernie Sanders across lot, then does 5 Merkins or 3 Burpees, and then runs or Bernie Sanders back, and switcheroo for like 4 or 5 rounds.”
- I was trying to show how crappy instructions could confuse the PAX, fragment the group, and lead to a position of disadvantage. Of course the boys of F3 Louisville can overcome everything, and they kind of settled in to a rhythm. Well Done. I stopped the group after about 2 minutes.
- Then I stressed how simplicity and clarity is always better. For example: The Burpee Mile. 12 burpees, run around the school, 4 times. Sump Pump said “yes, for example”. I said “yes, that’s what we are doing”. This was a proper Thang 1, and the PAX got after it! T-Claps to Amelia for pushing with me.
- Thang 2 over to the coupon garden. We talked about each of the 5 core principles, and the importance of each as we did (all IC) coupon curls, coupon thrusters, coupon presses, coupon leg lifts, coupon bench presses, coupon American hammers, and coupon V-Ups for the finale. And that’s time boys.
- COR, NOR, Announcements, and intentions.
- Prayers of gratitude, prayers for the sick/sad/lonely.
- Zima broke out his mad closing skills and signed up just about everyone for a Q in Nov-Dec. Check the calendar and sign up.
Be a leader wherever you are.
I’ve said it a million times. I really value what we have here. This group means a lot to me. The individuals in this group mean a lot to me. Even Mouth if he is still reading.