Corps of Discovery
The Corps of Discovery was a specially-established unit of the United States Army which formed the nucleus of the Lewis and Clark Expedition that took place between May 1804 and September 1806. The Corps, which was a select group of volunteers, were led jointly by CaptainMeriwether Lewis and Second LieutenantWilliam Clark. Commissioned by President Thomas Jefferson, the Corps’ objectives were scientific and commercial – to study the area’s plants, animal life, and geography, and to learn how the Louisiana Purchase could be exploited economically.
Faith dare the soul to go further than it can see.William Clark
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 30 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- Chem light
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $30 cash (Quitter cash and for food at endex)
- Protein bars and or energy gels recommended
- Change of clothes in a dry bag recommended
214 Center St.
Clarksville, IN 47129
Event will begin at 9PM. I recommend arriving no later than 8PM.
We will end exactly where we started, mid morning on October 12th. There will be beer and a food truck at endex. You are welcome to invite family and friends to relish in your accomplishment.
Army Special Forces
Iraq, Africa, Europe
Stephen did 21 years in the Army and half of that time in Special Forces. When he retired he realized he squandered his nest egg on Harley-Davidson motorcycles and guns, so he started a civilian career. He got involved with GORUCK to connect with his Special Forces brothers, give back to the community, and make better Americans through some Good Livin’.