- Natty Lite
- Plumb Bob
- Meter Maid
- Bob Ross
- Le Pew(Q)
the poem by Linda Ellis
I am blessed to have spent my birthday with some of my best friends, and my weinke was inspired by this poem. It’s the dash that matters, and I wanted to dash with the PAX up and down the hills of North Posh.
I was born in 1983, so the setlist consisted of some of the top hits of the year:
- Sexual Healing; Marvin Gaye
- Maniac; Michael Sembello
- Sweet Dreams; Eurythmics
- Sharp Dressed Man; ZZ Top
- Hungry Like a Wolf; Duran Duran
- Islands in the Stream; Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers
- Uptown Girl; Billy Joel
- Photograph; Def Leppard
- Separate Ways; Journey
- Down Under; Men at Work
- Africa; Toto
Starting off the COP with Sexual Healing was @Devitto and @Gisele’s idea: it was brilliant.
- Good Mornings
- Sideways Stretches
- Toy Soldiers
- Downward Dog
- Pickle Pounders
- Fast Feet with Merkin Drops to Maniac
- When “Maniac” came on I had to make an homage to Tommy Boy, and in my excitement I accidentally called the Fast Feet “flutterkicks.” Thank goodness I had @Dauber there to correct me.
The goal was to dash with my boys, and we did. The hills of North Posh are brutal and I wanted to attack them: mission accomplished.
- We sprinted 1/2 way down the largest hill at the AO, did some PT at the bottom, moseyed back up to the top, PT at the top, rinse and repeat three times.
- PT at the intervals were:
- No PT first lap at bottom
- Downward Dog and Pigeon Pose stretch at top
- 38 merkins at the bottom
- 38 Side straddle hops at the top
- 38 jump squats at the bottom
- We then Bernie Sanders up the steep slope at the back of the parking lot
- The PAX legs were burning at that point. Great work everyone!
- Another 38 merkins, then a mosey back to the flag for Mary
Total distance covered was a bit over three miles, elevation gain was brutal, and speed drills were awesome. We friggin dashed.
- Flutterkicks – 50 in cadence
- Superman for 45 seconds
@Fungi and his family are passionate about helping those less fortunate, and is raising awareness, funds, and supplies for people in Eastern KY. Poverty is the norm for so many of our fellow Kentuckians and Fungi is leading an initiative to help them. Please click this link for more information and to learn how to help: https://www.facebook.com/100001801768476/posts/5156099201126754/?d=n
Although it was my birthday, and that date will be on my tombstone, it’s the dash that really matters. A friend once told me that the way a child spells “love” is “T.I.M.E.” Pair that with the line from a Mumford and Sons song: “where you invest your love, you invest your life.”
It’s the dash where we live, love, laugh, learn and lead; I’m so grateful to dash with the men of F3.