No matter how many times I Q a workout I always have trouble sleeping the night before. Call it nerves, call it “Q Juice”, or call it my fear of almost killing Ming and maiming one other FNG last time out. It didn’t help that Airplane had asked me to Q at The County and I certainly didn’t want to let him or the other HIM’s who showed up for my County VQ beat down. Of course, it didn’t fail to disappoint …. 3:40 am my eyes popped open, an hour before my alarm was set to wake me up. Great, 4 ½ hours of sleep is all a person really needs right? So, I got out of bed and made my way to The County for a little Weinke recon, since I had only been there one other time for a workout. After I completed my recon I decided to change my Weinke slightly. I was planning on exploring the roads and neighborhoods behind St. Al’s but since one person almost didn’t survive my last Q I decided to stay on campus due to safety reasons. With all of that being said, I hope the HIM’s from The County enjoyed the workout as much as I did.
Pax: Airplane, Meter Maid, Bean Counter, Mud Bug, Gilligan, Fungi, Jolly Rancher, Boozer, Cochran, Viking
COP: SSH, Grass Grabbers, Shoulder Stretch’s, Freddie Mercuries, Downward Dog, Cobra, Sitting Back Stretch, Hill Billie’s
Thang 1: The Coupon Mile – Partner up. Pax stays together; Partner’s 1 and 2 take turns running with the coupon. The run was a little over a mile and there were 8 stops along the way to complete the following exercises:
- Stop 1: Sharing their coupon, partner’s complete 20 Coupon Merkins (One arm on coupon, the other on the ground); run.
- Stop 2: Sharing their coupon, partner’s complete 20 Coupon Merkins using opposite arms from first stop; run.
- Stop 3: Partner 1 completes 20 Coupon Shoulder Press & Partner 2 completes 20 Air Squats; run.
- Stop 4: Partner 2 completes 20 Coupon Shoulder Press & Partner 2 completes 20 Air Squats; run.
- Stop 5: Partner 1 completes 20 Coupon Curls & Partner 2 completes Plank Jacks; run.
- Stop 6: Partner 2 completes 20 Coupon Curls & Partner 1 completes Plank Jacks; run.
- Stop 7: Partner 1 completes 20 Coupon Squats & Partner 2 completes 20 Big Boy Sit Ups; run.
- Stop 8: Partner 2 completes 20 Coupon Squats & Partner 1 completes20 Big Boy Sit Ups; run.
Thang 2: Colt 45’s and Burpups – Half of the Pax completes 45 Cinder Block Curls (Similar to 21’s). 15 reps go from the bottom of the movement up to the halfway point (with your arms at a 90-degree angle and hands at elbow level). 15 reps Go from the halfway point up to the top of the bicep curl (hands up near shoulder level). 15 reps Start at the bottom of the movement and complete a full range of movement all the way up. The other half of the Pax completes Burpups which are standard burpee’s done under the monkey bars, where you do the Burpee, then when you jump you grab the monkey bar and go straight into a pull up. Rinse & repeat until Colt’ 45’s are complete and the Pax switches.
Thang 3: 5 BOYO’s, a mosey, and finish with Guantanamo which is the PAX circling up in a six inch hold while one PAX runs around the circle pressing down on the others feet. The next guy begins when the running PAX member returns to his spot. We ran out of time before all could finish.
COT: Announcements were made about a possible Black Ops at St. Al’s on Saturday morning, check Slack for details. Intentions went up and thanks was given to the Sky Q. Thanks County HIM’s! I appreciate you guys letting me come out to Q. Backdraft out.