Weather: 31 degrees F (windchill of 29 degrees F)
Attendance: 13 Brave Pax showed up for my birthday Q.
PAX in attendance: Mr. Kotter, Jitterbug, Ice Man, Drive Thru, Lady Bird, Deep Dish, Dynomite, Gypsy, Nino, Pew Pew, Ashley, Maxi, Nice and Slow
Music: None…I misplaced my speaker and was planning on asking Huggies to bring his, but he had more important things to do this morning, so we all missed out on Rocky theme music. 🙂
As always, whenever I Q, my goal is to get everyone’s heart-rate up right away. Therefore, we ran around the parking lot loop twice (about ½ mile) to start the warm-up.
The remainder of the warm-up consisted up:
- 30 side straddle hops
- 10 grass grabbers (because I flexed my voice at the wrong time!)
- 15 imperial walkers
- Calf Stretches
After warm-up, we moved onto Thang 1: Burpee Suicides (Team Event)
- Partner 1 – Aerobic exercises – Sprint to the cone and do five burpees, then sprint back to the line. Next sprint to the second cone and do five burpee and sprint back to the line. There were four total cones.
- Partner 2 – Muscle building exercises – as a team each group had to complete 50 T-merkins, 100 Tuck Jumps, 200 Lunges, and 300 squats.
- As soon as Partner 1 completed his burpee suicides, he switched with Partner 2.
We then moved onto Thang 2: Quarter mile run while partner does exercise
- Partner 1 – Aerobic exercises – Run around the parking lot loop (about ¼ mile) as fast as possible.
- Partner 2 – Muscle building exercises – as a team each group had to complete 100 Flutter Kicks, 100 American Hammers, 100 LBCs, 2 Elbow Planks (each plank was to be held while opposite partner ran around loop)
- As soon as Partner 1 completed his run, he switched with Partner 2.
We then ran over to the flag area and did some Mary for about 5 minutes.
The guys probably didn’t notice how much we ran. My iWatch had my heart-rate spike to almost 190, so it was a pretty tough workout. Hopefully, everyone enjoyed it.
Completed name-o-rama, announcements, intentions, and prayer to close us out. We will all continue praying for Double Down and Ashley’s wife and family.
Thanks to all the guys that came out and supported me on my birthday. It was a lot of fun and I was honored to lead the group this morning.