At one point during the WO CI asked, “How long have you had this one in your back pocket?” Truth be told, this WO just kind of came together yesterday when I was thinking of what to do. I was reading through some Men’s Health tweets with WOs when I came across one called “How to Chisel Your Abs & Melt the Fat Covering Them at the Same Time”…perfect. The WO was simple, all you did was switch back & forth between AMRAP Burpees for 20 seconds & Bear Crawls for 20 seconds in three minute intervals. I’m sure this would be a good WO, but it would be boring as hell. Nonetheless I had the foundation of my WO & here is what flourished.
Weather: a crisp 45 degrees…anytime I do SSHs & snot drains from my nose it’s colder than I’d like.
- Captain Insane-O
- Nice & Slow
- Mad Cow
- Scuba Steve
- Vincent (R)
- Nino (QIC)
I gave the disclaimer & we were off on a mosey around the back side of the track onto the tennis courts for COP.
- Kendra Newmans
- (15) Grass Grabbers IC
- (20) SSH IC
- (20) Mountain Climbers IC
Knowing time was of the essence, this wrapped up COP & we were on a mosey to the far side of the field behind the bathrooms.
The Thang: 11’s
(10) Merkin-Derkins using the picnic tables (1 Merkin followed by 1 Derkin = 1)
Walk over to the Baseline & follow the instructions at each Marker to get to the other end of the field (100 yards away).
- NO exercise
- Bear Crawl to Marker 1 (20 yards)
- (1) Burpee
- Sprint to Marker 2 (20 yards)
- (2) Burpees
- Bear Crawl to Marker 3 (20 yards)
- (3) Burpees
- Sprint to Marker 4 (20 yards)
- (4) Burpees
- Bear Crawl to Marker 5 (20 yards)
- (5) Burpees
(1) Lunges IC (right leg, left leg = 1)
Upon completing the second part of the 11, the PAX returned to the baseline by:
- PAX 1 Wheel Burrows to 1st cone (30 yards)
- If modification was needed, the PAX were to Lunge Walk this portion
- PAX 2 Wheel Burrows to 2nd cone (30 yards)
- If modification was needed, the PAX were to Bernie Sanders this portion
- Both PAX spring to baseline (40 yards)
Once back at the Baseline the PAX repeated the cycle descending the Merkin-Derkins & ascending the Lunges. It’s fair to say I bit off more than I could chew with this one because I don’t think any PAX got half through the 11’s when I shut The Thang down at 0611 & instructed the PAX to take it back to the flag. We were back at the flag at 0613 leaving two minutes for some Mary.
- (20) Big Boys
- (20) Flutter Kicks IC
- AO Olympics is this Saturday, 5.18.19 & the start time has been moved up to 0800.
- The May Monthly Ruck Event is Friday 5.24.19
- Methane’s nephew
- Captain Insane-O’s father-in-law
This was fun, I can’t wait to do it again…as always it was an honor & privilege.