Weather: 30 degrees and clear.
PAX: Aerobie (R), Flounder, Fungi, Hot Wheels, McAfee, Meatball, PK, SnowDay (Q), Tony Malito, and Weedwacker.
COP: Warm up started with some SSH’s, Quad and Hammy Stretches, Down Dogs to hit the calves, and bit of an easy Mosey around the circle.
Circle up around the “tomb” with a weight of personal choice. I would say we ranged from 20 to 45 lbs. We then did 2 x 20 of the following:
- Step up with an overhead press of said weights.
- Reverse lunge with a twist of the weight to the opposite side of the leg that was going back.
Once completed we carried our weights to the backside of the circle.
Not sure on the number of PAX that would show, I had a circuit with 4 stations already in my head that incorporated the large coupons I been carrying around the bed of the truck while traversing the city of Louisville the prior day. With 10 PAX showing up, this worked out beautifully as I had two coupons to use at 3 stations, 1 large tire at one, and plenty of loose weights to use for a 5th impromptu station. We did 3 sets at each of the 5 stations. Each set was 60 seconds long with a 15 second rest in between. Here’s what we did…
- Stiff-Legged Dead Lifts – We used two concrete blocks on each end of a 2 x 4 bar.
- Clean & Squat – We used 60 sand tubes here.
- Thrusters – These were done by pivoting one end of a steel pipe pollard, lifting the other.
- Tire Flip – We flipped the still un-named Vets Tire.
- Negative Squats – Slow on the down, pop up.
Load it all back in the truck and return the concrete blocks to their home behind the left field fence.
COT: Announcements, intentions, and a quick prayer.
Initially, I had planned on pretty much crushing the legs with this one. However, this turned into a full-body burner. If you haven’t done a heavy workout yet you need to give it a shot. It’s a nice change of pace.
Thanks to those that came out!