kilo, Nino, OJ, Diablo
McAfee, PK, Catfish, Metermaid
PlumbBob, Alexa, Miyagi, Jolly Rancher
Huggies, Marshal, Retainer, Fanny Pack
Vacuum, FloJo, Chestnut
Team 6 (Mini)
Tron, Sump Pump, Aerobie
Team 7 (Mini)
ToolTime, Iceman, PewPew, Steamer, FNG
You and your team show up at the Start Point. You will finish where you started.
Big4 Bridge Louisville side
1153 River Rd.
Louisville KY 40206
Arrive no later than 20:45
You will be given a list of waypoints and a map of the area. The route you and your team choose will be your own, so choose wisely. The minimum distance possible will be just over 23 Miles for the full or 11 miles for the half. You can expect to see the best sites in Kentuckiana, and you can expect at least one long movement taking you to the outskirts, and possibly beyond.
Prior to starting the clock, we’ll ensure that you make a successful comms check with our remote support team via Slack. At each waypoint, you’ll be responsible for posting a picture of your team to #mockstar in slack. This will serve as verification of your mileage, and by the end you’ll have a great album of photos to document the experience.
NOTE: This is not a Qdre led event and there are no push-ups or smoke sessions.
- The course will be at least 23 miles. You and your team can hit the waypoints in whatever order you want (good strategy helps).
- Teams are between 3-5 participants. If and only if the rest of your team withdraws or drops for whatever reason, you can continue solo. If you hit all the points under the allotted time hack, you’ll earn the patch. If this happens, we recommend you link up with another team if possible (you’ll still have to post your own pics) to make it more fun as a shared experience. To be clear, though: you have to hit all the waypoints under the time hack to earn the patch.
- Weight Standard: If you are under 150 lbs, carry a 10 lb weight and if you are over 150 lbs, carry 20 lbs. Each participant will have a 10 or 20 lb Ruck Plate (or equivalent in non-consumable weight) in their rucksack at the start point. Qdre Kilo will verify weight at the beginning of the event.
- Keep your Ruck Plate (or equivalent) per participant with you at all times. You may cross load with your buddy/team members as desired.
- You are required to post a selfie with you and ALL of your teammate(s) in the picture at each of the waypoints listed on your waypoint sheet (which you’ll receive at the Start Point). Post on slack channel #MockSC
- Purchasing food along your route at anytime is authorized.
- Meeting outside individuals is allowed (re-supply etc.). They may not physically aid or assist your movement in any way, honor code in effect.
- No method of transportation is authorized except rucking.
- Follow any additional instructions or rules written on your waypoint sheet.
- Obey all traffic laws (and all the other laws, too) while participating.
- Call 911 with any real world emergency. I will provide a phone number on your waypoint sheet for Qdre support questions.
- Cut-off time: 10 hours to earn the patch.
HC as an individual, ruck as a team (you are responsible for forming or finding a team of 3-5 ruckers)
Includes: the opportunity to earn the finisher’s patch, and a cold one or two at the end point.
WHAT TO BRING
- Ruck Plate, 10 or 20 lbs (or equivalent)
- Rucksack (GORUCK GR1/Rucker or equivalent)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your rucksack
- Headlamp (+ extra set of batteries)
- Smartphone with external battery (at least 1 per team)
- Photo ID and $20 cash (just in case)
- Source Hydration Bladder, 3L
- Nalgene bottle
- Food (lickies and chewies)
- One extra pair of socks
- Waterproof bag
- Strobe light
THE FINISHER’S PATCH
If you come in under 10 hours full or 5 hours for half, you and your teammates earn a patch.
If you don’t, there’s always next year.
It’s about the journey, and finishing is a noble and worthy goal.
All of this is free, you HC and attend on your own will.
Download a navigation app
- Inroute or Road Warrior
Designate team captain and team navigator
- Think about as a team who is going to perform what roles during the event.
- Team will be asked to write a brief back blast of their experience.
Dont overlook the importance of the physical map
- Technology will fail at some point