It was a brisk 30 Degrees this morning when the Q came rolling in at 5:29 to get things started. There was a little mumble chatter but I came in hot giving the disclaimer as I walked up and immediately moseyed around the school for the Warm-up.
The PAX was 19 strong and consisted of: Tiger, Ripple, Plumb Bob, Wham-O (R), Fridge, Lionel, Pope, Fallguy (R), Deuce, Backdraft, Meatball, Snowman, Meathead, Stick Up, Soft Top, Larry Flynt, Glen Ross, WOOOO and Blueprint (Q).
Warmups were quiet for a few but the Mumblechatter quickly picked up as we did the following:
- 25 SSH’s
- 20 Imperial Walkers
- 15 Grass Grabbers
- Downward Dog w/ Calf Stretch and Runners Stretch
- 20 Merkins
- 60 Second Plank on your hands
Then we got down to business – Today I wanted simple, steady and challenging. We moseyed to the Cherrywood side of the Big Lot to start Thang 1.
Thang 1: Hindenburg Blimps
- 6 Rounds
- Run length of Parking lot to Corner #1 and perform exercise
- Bearcrawl to corner #2, perform exercise
- Run Length of lot to corner #3, perform exercise
- Bearcrawl to corner #4, perform exercise
- Plank until all have finished. That’s one round.
- Exercises: Round 1 – 5 Burpees; Round 2 – 10 Lunges; Round 3 – 15 Imperial Walkers; Round 4- 20 Merkins; Round 5 – 25 Plank Jacks; Round 6 – 30 Squats
We had Mumble Chatter until Round 4 and that when I knew we were on to something.
Once finished we Moseyed to the far end of the parking lot and lined up for Thang 2
Thang 2: Reverse BLIMP
- Run to Cherrywood side of lot – 30 Squats
- Run back – 25 Plank Jacks
- Run to Cherrywood side: 20 Merkins
- Run back – 15 Imperial Walkers
- Run to Cherrywood side: 10 Lunges
- Run back: 5 Burpees
- Plank for the 6
Moseyed back to the flag and did some Mary: 20 IC each of Flutter Kicks, LBC’s, Freddie Mercuries and ended with 10 Bog Boys on your own to finish at 6:15.
COT – Count O Rama – Announcements – Intentions – I thanked everyone for showing up this morning and sharing themselves with this group as leaders, followers, community members, etc.