Conditions: 39°F and cloudy. The O’s terrain was pretty soggy due to the rain from the previous day.
PAX (13): OJ, Tammy Faye Baker, Violet, Wham!, Russdiculous (FNG), Red Roof, Shyster, Tron, Fergie, Porkchop, Zartan, Old Bay, Handbook (QIC)
Here’s how it went down:
Quick disclaimer @ 0700 followed by a short mosey around to the tennis courts for CoP.
- Coming off a 5.5 mile EC ruck beforehand with Tron and Snowman, YHC needed to stretch out a bit so we started off with a series of yoga stretches: downward dog, right over left, left knee/left elbow, left over right, right knee/right elbow, warrior’s pose, and cobra.
- Now nice and loose, PAX lined up for a Native American run up the Pewee Reese side toward Cannons, stopping after each full turn for the following:
- Turn #1 – 20x Imperial Walkers IC
- Turn #2 – 20x Copperhead Squats
- Turn #3 – 20x Imperial Walkers
- After the IWs, we moseyed over to CAL’s parking lot for the 1st thang.
Thang #1: PAX counted off in 1s and 2s and split into two groups. Group 1 took a lap around the riding club fencing next door while group 2 stayed and completed AMRAP exercises. Once the mosey group completed the lap, it was the AMRAP group’s turn to mosey. Switch, rinse, and repeat for 4 rounds. AMRAP exercises for each round looked like this:
- R1 – Dips
- R2 – Step-Ups
- R3 – T-merkins
- R4 – Squats
After the 4 rounds, I called for a couple 10 counts then it was back to the tennis courts for the 2nd thang.
Thang #2: PAX partnered up this time and lined up on along the tennis court sideline.
- P1: Walking lunges or bear crawl to far sideline of the 2nd tennis court, 25x plank jacks, walking lunges or bear crawl back to partner.
- P2: 4×4 – PAX start with arms raised in standing position, burpee into plank, 4x merkins, 4x 4-count mountain climbers, return to standing position with arms raised. Repeat until partner returns.
Switch, rinse, and repeat until everyone completes each movement twice. Following the 2nd round PAX circled up for the 3rd thang.
Thang #3 – 30 to 45 secs of core work followed by 10 merkins after each round.
- Freddie Mercurys
- Flutter Kicks
- Elbow Planks
- Box Cutters
- Elevator Leg Lifts
- Pickle Pounders
Time called at 0800 then back to the flag for circle of trust.
CoT: Couple announcements around the upcoming monthly ruck event and awards banquet.
We asked our FNG, Billy, to step forward for an introduction. Billy is an old fraternity brother of mine who I have had in a headlock since October. He was built for this group and killed it his first time out! I figured he wouldn’t give us much to work with as far as an F3 name is concerned, so knowing that Billy’s middle name is Russell and that he is not fond of UofL athletics, I threw out ‘Russdiculous’. PAX from Card Nation apparently think it’s too cool of a name. (It’s not) *wink*. Welcome Russdiculous!
Ended with intentions and a quick prayer to the Sky Q.
It was an honor leading this fine group of HIMs and, as always, I am truly grateful and proud to be a part of this.