Abacus has made famous the quote: “you only get wet once!”
Today we got wet at North Posh, but I believe it was equal parts sweat and rain. It was 48 degrees and the rain started as soon as 0530 came upon us. 16 Men in the gloom – pitch blackness, hard rain, and an eagerness to get after it.
- Meter Maid
- Holy Roller (R)
- Brown Water
- Storm Trooper
- Jolly Rancher
- LePew (Q)
After the standard F3 disclosure under the Silo’s Pavilion the men were briefed on what the workout would be: a 45 minute Indig Run in one line with intermittent PT. Any PAX member that needed a break would call for it and PT would provide rest: there would be no man left behind.
First Song: Beck’s “WOW”
- We got off to a good start and moseyed down the hill. Although a few PAX got way out in front after the sprint we were able to quickly find our pace. 1/2 mile down the hill 1st PT Session: Nuclears 5 count down to 1, 10 merkins, followed by 5 BOYOs.
- “Turn around Boys! Back up the Hill!”
Second Song: Allman Brothers “Blue Sky”
- Heading up the hill about 3/4 of the way up our first PT break was requested: 10 merkins and 5 BOYOs. Then we carried on.
- At the top, PT: 15 squats and five BOYOs. One mile run
- Back down the hill!
Song Three: Phish “2001”
- About 1.4 miles down once we got to the bottom of the hill
- Pt was 10 Merkins, Nuclears from a 5 count down, 5 BOYOs
- Back up the hill
Song 4: Dave Matthews Band “Rhyme and Reason”
- PT halfway up the hill: 15 squat jumps, 5 boyos, 10 count
- At the top of the hill, about 1.8 miles run
- 10 Merkins, 10 squats, 5 BOYOs, back down the hill
Song 5: Coldplay “Paradise”
- At the bottom of the hill the last time we were at about 2.4 miles and did another 10 squats, another round of nuclears, and 5 BOYOs.
- When we turned around song number 6 started
Song 6: Phish (again) “Chalkdust Torture
- On the way up the hill the last time I thought we were going to make it without PT, but Holy Roller had a shoelace malfunction and we stopped:
- 10 squats and 5 BOYOS
- We moseyed a bit more and did 5 more BOYOs to cap our last climb then moved back to the pavilion.
Song 7: Led Zeppelin “Bron-yr-Aur Stomp”
- Mary under the pavilion for all of us except Backflop who got out in the rain and soaked up every drop he could
- 50 flutter kicks in cadence
- 1 minute plank
- 50 flutter kicks in Cadence
COT and break.
It was awesome seeing the guys pull each other through a 3 mile-ish run in the rain. No one let the weather win this morning and we all got better for getting out in it. 16 men started and finished together.