I’m on record saying this, but I’ll say it again – The Nest is my favorite workout of the week. It’s a time for a little extra credit, a little longer of a workout, full of 2.0s, and normally lots of banter, mumblechatter and shenanigans. Today would be no different.
- Bulletin (R)
- Asian Zing (R)
- No Nuts
- Loud Out (2.0)
- Brown Water
- Holy Roller (R)
- Duffer (2.0)
- Jerry Maguire (R)
- Tiny Tim (2.0)
- Fun Dip (2.0)
- Jolly Rancher (Q)
Time was called at 0700am and disclaimers were provided. I decided to do a Capri Lap for the start because Cratchit was coming in hot after dropping the flags off and then realizing he was supposed to pick up Tidwell. We then gathered in the large parking lot for a little COP.
- Downward Dog + Runners Stretches
- Toy Soldiers [fitting around Christmas time]
- Copperhead Squats
Thang 1 – Suicide 11s + Mosey to Airplane’s:
Numbers were a little more than I expected so I had to call an audible. The night before I had texted Airplane to see if he would be posting or not. I pushed, pulled and tried to coax him but to no avail. So, I decided to bring the workout to him. Fitting that last week at The Nest he and Amelia pulled one over on the PAX during co-Q mash-up week where they “disappeared.”
So, I split the group in two and we did the following:
- Movement #1:
- Group A – Led by myself, we did Suicide 11s in the parking lot. I had pre-placed some LED lights for the suicides. We did Overhead Presses on one end and Big Boy Situps on the other end. Trick was though to Bear Crawl to the first set of cones, then mosey back, mosey to second set of cones, mosey back, then mosey to third set of cones.
- Group B – Led by Dauber, they went on a mosey over to Airplane’s house which is not too far away. My better judgment was not to put Dauber in charge, but, he knew where Airplane lived so my hands were tied. Dauber then led an exercise or two in front of Airplane’s house and then set out for a mosey back.
- Movement #2:
- Group A – Did what Group B did in Movement #1.
- Group B – Did what Group A did in Movement #1.
- Movement #3:
- Group A – Picked up where we left off on the Suicide 11s.
- Group B – Same thing as Movement #1.
- Movement #4:
- Group A – Same as Movement #2.
- Group B – Same as Movement #4.
Woof, good times.
Thang 2 – Merkin Waterfall
We stayed in our two separate groups due to size. We then started a Merkin Waterfall. One PAX starts to count to 10. When the first PAX hits 3 reps, the next person starts to 10. Keep going around the circle until it comes back to the beginning where you then do 9 merkins. Rinse and repeat all the way down to 1 rep.
We had a little time for Mary so we got back into a large circle and knocked out some:
- Gas Pumps
- Nolan Ryans
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- A few others that I can’t remember.
It was an odd morning considering Holy Roller had the opportunity during Mary and did not go for his normal “burpees” or “manmakers” call-out. Instead, he did the Weapons of Mass Destruction which is basically a four-count merkin going wide, normal, then diamonds. It sucked as much as it sounds like it may suck typing it.
We did countarama, namearama, announcements and intentions. Instead of the normal prayer or departing a few words of wisdom or encouragement to the PAX, I took the opportunity to sing Happy Birthday to our very own Holy Roller who turned 60 on Sunday. This HIM is a beast as we all know and just a down right good man. He pushes us all, he encourages us all and he’s humble when he kicks our asses.
I’m thankful for him and the PAX who decided to take the daily red pill with me. Always humbled to lead.
Jolly Rancher out!