Le Pew (Q)
Karma can be fickle. For the last week I have been told several times that the Mutt PAX show up late for workouts… the tables have turned.
Devitto and I shared a 🤡 🚙 to the AO with the intent of running 4-5 miles before post. When we arrived at 0600 we were met by Frosty who was enjoying a solo ruck around campus – tclaps. It was about 20 degrees, but perfect conditions for a mosey.
The run was great, but at about 0650 (ten minutes to post) we realized that we were lost in the labyrinth that is St. Matthew’s.
By the time we got our bearings and arrived at the AO 9 PAX had started into side straddle hops – I was five minutes late for the Q.
I shoulder the blame and take full responsibility. The men of The Mutt can pass the tardy baton off on Le Pew.
Hustling onto campus seeing the PAX in a circle executing their side straddle hops was really cool. It was the first time I’ve led a workout at The Mutt and felt welcomed immediately. I gave a brief disclosure, an even more brief introduction, and got right into the COP.
- Downward Dog
- Toy soldiers
- Michael Phelps OYO
- 5 Boyos
- 5 BOYOs
After a mosey around campus I encourage the Pax to grab coupons and get ready for TabaTa.
- 5 Exercises. 25 seconds on, 15 second rest, 1 minute rest between exercises
- Hernia Bulgers
- Bent Over rows
- Overhead press
- Dips/skull crushers/skull crusher v ups
- Flutter kick-a-thon
- 50 flutter kicks in cadence
- 50 reverse flutter kicks in cadence
- 25 flutter kicks in cadence
- 25 reverse flutter kicks in cadence
- 12 flutter kicks in cadence
- 12 reverse flutter kicks in cadence
- 6 flutter kicks in cadence
- 6 reverse flutter kicks in cadence
- Deuce called out 10 Catalina Wine Mixers in cadence
- Tureen called 10 mountain climbers in cadence
- Backdraft called out ten pretzel crunches each leg
- Wham-O called out 20 Freddy Mercuries in cadence
I am so grateful for the way with which the Pax of the Mutt welcomed me this morning. They showed me grace for being late to the Q. There is a lesson there.
The more you put yourself out, the more mistakes you will make. Give grace to the men and women who have the courage to push the envelope, try new things, and work hard to improve their lives.
In my experience, it seems that the worst mistake is to try and completely avoid mistakes. It is through your failures that you learn and grow. It is pain that gives you appreciation for health. Poverty gives you appreciation for wealth. Loss gives you appreciation for gain. Weakness gives you appreciation for strength.
Thank you men of The Mutt! What you have is special, and I was grateful to lead you this morning.