It’s funny because when we got out in the gloom this morning, there wasn’t much fog, if any. By 7:30 the fog rolled in. I would like to think it’s because of all of our PAX out in the city getting better today. You take all of the tough, intense, sweat producing beat downs and add that to a relatively humid 73 degree 5:30 start to the day and you get the end result of a somewhat thick blanket of fog. You’re welcome Louisville.
We had a great day 2 at our new Black Ops location at St. Aloysius. The school provides a huge parking lot for “all outs,” steep hills for some good bear crawls and a playground area that provides enough fun stuff to spawn creativity for any Q leading a workout. Oh, and I love the old school monkey bars that are perfect for a bunch of dudes to get an intense pull up exercise.
We had 14 HIMs today complete with an FNG (nice job Abacus on HL’ing yet another future F3 regular)
PAX: Little Jerry (R), Pork chop, Huggies, Boozer, Abacus, Lube Job (FNG), Meter Maid, Scratch & Dent, Force Close, Airplane, Star Child, Valdeez, Cochran, Bigbird-Q
FNG story: Probably the quickest name given. We asked Travis Johnson to tell us about himself, what he does for work, etc. Within 5 seconds of finding out that he is in sales, selling automotive fluids to dealerships, Pork Chop jumped in with “Lube Job.” With a “no brainer,” “all in favor say aye” moment, his F3 identity was created. -Welcome!
- 50 SSH
- 15 Abe Vagodas
- 5 Inchworms with a Merkin
- 5 Spiderman stretches each leg
- 10 Kendra Newmans forward and backward
Thang 1: I do love a Tabata
- Tabata 1: Push press with a coupon
- Tabata 2: Burpee over coupon
Thang 2: Heat Wave: PAX split into 3 groups to hit up a station.
- Station 1: 15’s: With a coupon, 15 reps squat, 15 reps chest press, 15 reps tricep press. Group 1 would then mosey to relieve Group 2 at the second station.
- Station 2: Grabbin some curb: 10 incline merkins, 10 decline merkins, 10 dips. Group 2 moseys to station 3 to relieve group 3.
- Station 3: Pull ups and squats. As many pull ups as you can, shooting for 10 then do 10 air squats. Continue on in this manner until next group relieves them. Group 3 heads to station one to start the process over.
- Rinse and repeat for one more round.
After that, no time left for any Marys…
Announcements: Come out for Huggies’ birthday Q at Parklands next Wednesday the 23rd. What’s more, please come out for Force Close’s birthday Q the following week on the 30th also at the Parklands. He will be turning 50!!! and will finally be earning some Respect! Let’s get some convergence type numbers! Double Down is helping the Make a Wish Foundation to raise some money. If you would like to contribute to the cause, please reach out to him.
Intentions: Mrs. Abacus please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers and she will undergo surgery next week. Please pray that Amelia’s mother has a safe and speedy recovery from her surgery. I am appreciative to have had the opportunity to lead and workout alongside such a great group of men. I am humbled by the good turnout and the effort that everyone put forth. I am thankful to the Sky Q for giving me the strength to get out of bed this morning, allowing me to the tools that He gave me and for all of the blessings in my life.
Until next time,