PAX: Glen Ross, OJ, Wham!, Scuba Steve, Joker, Gillispie, Antman, Crop Duster, Escort, Jordy, Deuce, Sump Pump, Miyagi, Flo Jo, TRUMP, Catfish, Crabgrass (FNG), Mayberry (Q).
After competing in Huggies PAX vs. PAX challenge the following day, and thinking about the workout I had planned, the phrase “If you can’t Q it, don’t do it” crept into my mind a few times. I knew the PAX would pull me through and they did in a big way. 17 PAX showed up on time with Crop Duster joining us at COP – he couldn’t find us because this was his first time to the ‘O’. His first post was on Friday, 9/7 and he’s already posted at three different AO’s : T-Claps for Crop Duster.
COP: SSH (20 – IC), Imp. Walkers (20 – IC), Butt Kicks, High Knees and Lamar’s (Heisman’s), and Kendra Newman’s
- Partnered up on the tennis courts (4 -wide). Partner 1 ran, AYG, to the opposite end of the courts and back while their Partner 2 completed an exercise (listed below). Partner 2 then AYG while Partner 1 completed the exercise. Four rounds, one for each exercise, with SSH, planks while waiting.
- Step back lunges, Copperhead Squats, Mountain Climbers, Peter Parkers
- Moseyed over to Cogan’s Corner for some Half-Pipe Action
- 7’s with Carolina Drydocks & Bobby Hurley’s, with 3 burpees at the bottom of the Half-Pipe and prisoner run on any incline. I think Catfish finished before most of us started. Beastmode.
At this point, I realized that I had planned a Saturday workout for a Thursday, so I had to cut out the Mary at the end. Ironically, I didn’t have anything pre-planned for the Mary workout – I had intended to make it up that morning depending on the time. Maybe I knew I didn’t have time…I digress.
- PAX divided into two lines on the track for an Indian Run back to the flags (long way – towards Cannons). We stopped twice along the way to complete the following exercises:
- 5 BOYO, 10 Squats, 10 Big Boy Sit-ups.
Made it back to the Flags at 6:14 – good work PAX.
Announcements: September Ruck next weekend!!
Intentions: Those in Carolina’s bracing for the storm, family members and those intentions we keep in our hearts.
We welcomed our newest member to the PAX – Crabgrass!
I recently watched a video on Leadership in a training course by Simon Sinek, and in it he mentions that the one virtue all leaders must have is courage. This reminded me of a Maya Angelou quote I heard back in high school that I will never forget “Courage may be the most important virtue of all virtues, because without it no other virtue can be practiced with consistency”. I challenge all to have the courage to do what is right and to stand up for those that can’t stand up for themselves.
Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP38Cxve5xY