Pax (7): OJ, Glenn Ross, Deuce, Lionel, Fridge, PorkChop, Fergie (Q) Weather: Can’t win em all. Rainy and low 50s. As we stood around in the driving rain at 5:29, we decided a small audible to the plan was best. There was no way around getting wet in the 50 degree weather, but some mixedContinue reading “11/21/19 : BB – Mary BO”
PAX (10): Fall Guy (R), Tammy Faye Baker, Pork Chop, Tin Cup, Vincent (R), Digiorno, Glen Ross, Sump Pump, Trump, Fergie (Q) Weather: mid 40s (not the mid-30s I had dressed for based on weather in Asheville, NC) What we did: A nice crew of 10. A disclaimer was given at 5:30 and we gotContinue reading “11/11/19 – BO @ the O”
Pax (11): Pork Chop, PED, Fall Guy, Backdraft, Pope, Blueprint, Glenn Ross, Tammy Faye Baker, Buschh, Vincent (R ), Fergie (Q) Weather: Low 50s/high 40s. Dry-ish. We’ve had a pretty good run on our BO @ the O, and a pretty consistent group each week (with around 5-7 Pax coming out each week). This morningContinue reading “10.28.19 – BB: BO @ the O”
Come out to the O tomorrow. Won’t be run heavy, but won’t be run light either. Wil probably use coupons as well.
Pax (12): OJ, Wham, Noxeema Jackson, Tureen, No Show, Old Bay, Ham, Glen Ross, Vincent (R), Larry Flint, Tammy Fay Baker, Fergie (Q) Weather: a balmy high 60s / low 70s This was my first Q on a heavy, and only my second post at the Mutt Heavy. So, unfamiliar territory for me. The morningContinue reading “10/2/19 BB: Blende @ the Mutt (Heavy)”
This is a heavy, so, would guess we are going to lift things…Heavy things. You should consider gloves. I also would not rule out a little bit of running to get the blood pumping. SYITG.
Pax(5): Porkchop, Blueprint, Fall Guy (R ), Pope, Fergie (Q) Weather: 69.8 degrees; a nice morning I like to make it to the O’s Monday BO when I can. Splitting days with the M sometimes gets in the way. However, her attendance at Sunday’s Hometown Rising made today a lock for me. It was agreedContinue reading “9/16/19 – BB: BO at the O”
Pax (10): Glen Ross, Fridge, Sump Pump, Blueprint, Zoo, PED, Pepperoni, Digiorno, Noxeema Jackson, Fergie Weather: 72 degrees, and humidity at 86%. Dewpoint checking in at 67 degrees. More on that later. This is at least the second Q-less Friday BO at the Mutt, which is looking like it will be the plan from here onContinue reading “9/13/19 – BO @ the Mutt”
Pax (11): Deuce, Pork Chop, Back Draft, No Show, Snowman, Windshield , Soft Top, Noxema Jackson, Rih Rih, Wham-O, Fergie (Q) Weather: mid-70s, with a sneaky humidity COP – A pretty basic start to the morning; SSH, Abe Vigodas, Grass Grabbers, Merkins and some down dog/runner’s stretch. As posted in the PB, running shoesContinue reading “BB: 8/17/19 – Mutt”
Still working on my Wienke, but a safe bet that you will need your running shoes. Its not going to be run-heavy per-se, but we will be moving the whole time and should accumulate some distance. Gloves would be a good idea as well.
Pax: Fall Guy (R), Blueprint, Pork Chop, Glenn Ross, PED, Pope, Fergie (Q) Weather: Low 70s, and decent humidity. A pretty simple and straight-forward kind of morning. Start with a quick COP – SSH * 41, Grass Grabbers * 10, DownDog/Runner’s Stretch. Mostly just wanted to get our legs loose, which would get most ofContinue reading “8/12/19 – BB – BO @ the O”
Bring running shoes, gloves, and a can-do attitude. SYITG.
Pax (10): Sand Trap, Cutlass, Curry, Tron, Flo Jo, Gillespie, Liberace, Violet, Jeter, Fergie (Q) Weather: Hot. Damn Hot. Airplane asked that I cover his Q the evening prior. With family in town Friday evening, I knew time to plan would be limited. But, I’ve Q’d at the O far more than any other location,Continue reading “7/20/19 – Ruiner at the O”
Pax: Nice and Slow, Airball, Mama’s Boy, Worm, Airplane, Pork Chop, Vincent (R ), Snow Day, Meatball, Pitino, Carlose, Fergie (Q) Weather: Sticky While I have multiple posts at the Vet, this marked my first Q there. It’s been a while since I had been on a full tour of the grounds and whatContinue reading “BB: 6/28/19 @ the Vet”
Pax: Rocky, Wild Flower, Fall Guy (R*2), Big Bird, Pork Chop, Airplane, Amelia, Wham, Meter Maid, Pepperoni, PED, Fergie (Q). Weather: 70 degrees, with 88% humidity. Sometimes when you Q, you have to call an audible. Other times you have to call 5. It also could have just been poor planning and lack ofContinue reading “BB: 7/1/19 – BO @ the O”
Tomorrow, we are gonna take the hill. SYITG.
Sometimes I am not sure why I go on vacation, as it’s debatable whether the time away from work is worth the catch-up the following week. That being the case for my week so far, while I have thought about my wienke its still a work in process. What I do know, is the PaxContinue reading “PB: 6/28/19 @ the Chopper”
It wasn’t quite an empty Nest, but numbers were down as expected. Shout out to the Pax who competed in, and/or otherwise supported the AO Olympics with your time and energy. It looked like a great event, and hopefully one that can continue. I did get 3 strong gentlemen whom I have collectively known for about 50Continue reading “5/18/19: BB – Nest @ The County”
If you are not participating in the Olympics tomorrow, of even if you are and just want a good beat down warm-up to get going, stop by the county. Gloves are recommended. I’ll have a modification where needed to make it 2.0 friendly. SYITG.
As mentioned in the preblast, my 13th Q fell on the 13th day of May. While I’ve never been afraid of the number 13, I’ve certainly always avoided it. So I figured today would be a good day to embrace it. Weather: 50 deg, humid but no rain and pretty dry from Sunday’s rain. Pax:Continue reading “5/13/19: BB – BO @ the O”
Triskaidekaphobia tris·kai·dek·a·pho·bi·a noun: triskaidekaphobia extreme superstition regarding the number thirteen. This is my 13th Q, falling on the 13th. We’ll put our superstitions to the test and see how unlucky the number 13 actually is. We will do some running, and try to keep moving. Gloves are optional, no coupon work planned.
PAX: Mama’s Boy, Airplane, Jerry McGuire (R), Pew Pew, Jolly Rancher, Captain Insano, Bulletin (R), Pork Chop, Red Wagon, Fergie (Q) Conditions: Wet, low 60s. A very light rain early, but eventually tapering off to a nice morning. If you read the PB, it was clear today was going to be a coupon day. IContinue reading “4/25/19: Agony @ the County”
This is my coupon. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My coupon is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my coupon is useless. Without my coupon, I am useless. I must lift my coupon true… We will getContinue reading “Pre-blast: 4/25/19 – Agony @ the County”
Pax (6): Backdraft, Pork Chop, PED, Fall Guy (R), Plumb Bob, Fergie (Q) Weather: A nice high 40s, dry. COT Disclaimers given, then started off with a lap around the track and a few stops for some SSH, Grass Grabbers and general stretching. We stopped at the coupon garden to pick up a coupon. TheContinue reading “BB: 4/22/19 – BO @ the O”
The pre-blast said leg day, and that’s what we did. Weather – warm, and humid as the storm approached. Dry for the first 35 minutes before a very light rain started in. Pax (11) – Grinder, Cowboy, Gilligan, Jolly Rancher, Blart, Big Bird, Viking, Mama’s Boy, Airplane, Pork Chop, Fergie (Q). COP No FNGs; disclaimerContinue reading “BB – 4/12/19 – Wisteria @ Pleasantville”
Going to end the work week with leg day (with some cardio and core mixed in). We will run a little, but not long distance. No gloves needed. If you needed more reason to join, here are 10 reasons not to skip leg day (courtesy of the daily burn): 1. You’ll be a better athlete.Continue reading “Pre-Blast – Wisteria @ Pleasantville – 4/12/19”
Pax: Airplane, Busch, Backdraft, Pork Chop, Wham!, Fall Guy (R), Blue Print, Violet, Fergie (Q) Weather: Low 40s, no precipitation. 530 hit, a disclaimer was given, and we were off. Welcome back to Fall Guy; great to meet you today and thank you for coming out. The Warm-up Started with a quick lap to grabContinue reading “3/11/19 – BO at the ‘O’”
Disclaimer, this is almost 100% non-original Q content. However, Porkchop has not stopped talking about it for months, so it felt like time to bring it back in a format that would fit 45 minutes… The Mini Mog Mile. SYITG
This is late; I apologize, but I blame the beer. As many of you know, Tail Spin went off Saturday afternoon and was an excellent event. Kudos to all of the Pax involved. Great effort and a great success. Weather – Cold, but reasonable in the 30s. Despite the threat of snow, no precipitation andContinue reading “2/16/19 – Back Blast; the Ruiner @ the “O””
I’ve been refining my weinke for the past week, and monitoring a potential 1-3″ coming Friday night. Accuweather is saying there is an 88% chance of little to no accumulation. We’ll modify if the 12% hits to stay safe/dry, but plan to do some running, some coupon work, and generally keep moving. SYITG.